If you follow me on twitter you will already know about it, but I just wanted to be organised and write down the details for you guys on my blog :)
Meeting you guys is one of my favourite things to do, I feel like I'm chatting to an old friend and I always come away from meet ups feeling so happy! So if you would like to meet me, here are the details!
Date: Wednesday 29th May
Location: Covent Garden (outside the Apple Store in the main square)
If you have any other questions just leave a comment below!
These photos from previous meet ups make me so happy so I just thought I'd share them with you guys <3
I'm so excited for the 29th! If you're on twitter you can follow the hashtag #TanyaBurrLondonMeetUp
So today I thought I would post about my final look from my Many Faces project with Max Factor. Incase you missed the previous two posts, I'll fill you in! Max Factor created the Many Faces campaign with Gwyneth Paltrow, which showcased her different makeup looks, from the business woman to the rock star's wife! I got the chance to work with top makeup artist Caroline Barnes to create three different looks for myself for different occasions.
My final look is the makeup I would wear to an event in the evening. I needed something that would look polished and pretty, but not take much time, as when I am in London I'm always rushed off my feet!
Caroline has really got me into creamy textured eyeshadows lately. In this picture I'm wearing Max Factor Smoky Eye Effect Pen in Bronze Haze. It is a double ended pen with a dark brown cream stick one end (which I have on my lid) and a light gold the other end (which I have in the inner corners of my eyes). Even though it's an evening makeup look, because it's not for the red carpet or anything, I didn't want to put too much makeup on. I think less is more. To add a little extra definition I lined my top and bottom lashes with Max Factor Liquid Line Effect in Bronze Blaze. I used my all time favourite mascara from Max Factor, False Lash Effect. Less is more apart from when it comes to lashes!! I went for the All Day Flawless foundation, because it photographs really well and lasts all evening. We all need a foundation that looks good in pictures for an evening event! I applied lots of the Miracle Touch Creamy Blush in Soft Pink to achieve a rosy glow then on my lips I used the Giant Lip Pen in Subtle Coral. This is so quick and easy to apply with no lip liner needed. It's like a cross between a lipstick and a lip gloss which I love.
I chose the gorgeous GlossFunky nail polish in Flushed Rose, it's such a pretty colour for Summer.
What do you guys think of this makeup look? Let me know in the comments if you like it! Now time for the picture bloopers! My friend Zoe was helping me set my camera up to take 10 pictures in the speed of light and it took me by surprise! Oh dear...
Blogging tip: don't try and take nice makeup pics of yourself with a friend in the room, especially if that friend is doing everything she can to make you giggle!
Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this post and are having a lovely weekend :)
So last night I went to the special screening of The Great Gatsby in London. I was so excited to see the film as I loved the book and I'm such a fan of 20's hair and makeup!
*excuse the picture quality!
I had been so busy leading up to the event, I hadn't had time to find a dress! So, yesterday morning I called Wish Want Wear (a company that lend dresses) and they sent over a selection. However, by the afternoon I was starting to panic, I had no idea which dress to go for and the one I liked the most was too big for me! Thank goodness Electra Formosa (an amazing fashion stylist) was in town, she came to my rescue! She helped me choose which dress to go for, we chose the Halston Heritage Carrie Gown as the pleating and the sparkly belt gave it a 20's vibe. Electra pinned the dress so it fitted me better, ideally we would have had more time to find a dress that fitted me perfectly etc. but I think it looked ok!
I kept my hair and makeup really simple as I didn't have much time to spare! I wore the same eye makeup as usual; MAC eyeshadows in Shroom and Charcoal Brown and Maybelline Falsies Mascara. Then on my lips I wore Burberry Sepia Pink, a gorgeous, subtle berry nude.
Jim dressed up for the occasion too in a gorgeous Buberry suit.
We were both so excited as dressing up and the cinema are two of our favourite things! When we arrived, we went straight to our seats and ate all our popcorn whilst we waited for the film to begin. Does anyone ever actually wait for the film to start before eating their popcorn?!
We had high hopes for the film particularly, because both Jim and I love Baz Luhrmann's Romeo & Juliet and we weren't disappointed. From about 10 minutes in Jim and I kept nudging eachother and whispering "isn't this amazing?!"
The film is so visually beautiful, I loved the 3D effects, especially with the snow...I felt like I was in the film myself! Warner Brothers worked with Tiffany on the jewellery and it was truly exquisite. The actors were wearing period Tiffany jewels and some pieces were designed especially for the film, like Gatsby's ring. I was just in awe watching all the amazing characters wearing all the sparkly diamonds and incredible dresses. The makeup was spot on, 20's glamour. If you are studying makeup, this film is a must-see!
The soundtrack was totally unique, a mixture of classic 20's, Jay Z, The XX and more. Really up mine and Jim's street, we have bought the soundtrack already!
I won't tell you too much about the plot as I don't want to ruin it for those of you who haven't read the book! Leo and Carey played out a story of lost love so beautifully, the film was inspiring, sad, and glitteringly elegant.
Hey guys, I felt like doing a bit more of a personal blog post today! I've seen lots of other bloggers do this post and I found it really interesting, so here are 25 facts about me:
1. I love baking
2. Following on from number 1 - I love sweet food, my perfect afternoon snack would be tea and cake :)
3. When I was little, apparently I used to go around saying "Daddy made it!" to everyone, because my Dad used to make things out of wood as a hobby (like tables, bowls etc.) I thought he made everything in the world! haha
4. I'm afraid of the dark
5. I love anything that sparkles
6. I had piano lessons from the age of six, but stopped when I was about 16 and I'm worried I will forget how to play one day as I don't have a piano in my house at the moment to practise on
7. I am a very positive, happy person (apart from when I'm worrying!)
8. I love Summer, warm weather makes me so happy and the only thing I like about Winter is Christmas
9. I'm a dog person, not a cat person
10. I can't catch, if you throw something to me, 99% of the time it will land at my feet
11. I love seafood, apart from Octopus...even writing it freaks me out! Ew!
12. I have a sister and a brother
13. Family time is my favourite. Jim and I both have such busy lifestyles these days that we really value our time together and with our families
14. My favourite colour is blue
15. Before YouTube and blogging etc. I worked as a makeup artist. I worked on a counter part-time and did wedding & prom makeup jobs too. I also did makeup backstage at London Fashion Week. I do miss it, but I love the work I do online now <3
16. I am a real foodie, I love trying new restaurants and different cuisines and although I like sweet things like cake, I HATE junk food! Like food out of a packet or processed stuff. I like home-baking :)
17. I'm really claustrophobic and can't go in things like lifts (elevators) unless they are glass so I can see out.
18. My birthday is on June the 9th, I get really excited for it!
19. I love fairy lights, I think they can make any room look pretty
20. I love being outside, even if it's not a warm day, I like to lie in the garden with a blanket and a hot chocolate and read
21. I really enjoy playing Tombraider on the Playstation
22. I am quite easily pleased and a very excitable person
23. I'm never late for anything, maybe this comes from me being anxious, but I always leave in plenty of time so I never have to rush
24. My favourite subject at school was Classical Civilisation (history of ancient Greece and Rome) I loved studying the mythology
25. I am terrible at most sports, but every time I watch the film Wimbledon, I want to be a tennis player
So there are 25 facts about me! I hope you found this post interesting! Please leave me a comment telling me random facts about you - I would love to know some :)
Firstly, I just want to say thank you for all of your lovely comments on my last post like this which was my editing makeup look. Incase you missed that post, I will quickly fill you in! Max Factor created the Many Faces campaign with Gwyneth Paltrow which showcased her different looks, from the business woman to the rock star's wife. I got the chance to work top makeup artist Caroline Barnes to create 3 different makeup looks for myself for different occasions. So today I am going to share my second look with you: my red carpet makeup look!
Recently I have been lucky enough to be invited to a few red carpet events, choosing which makeup look to wear can be tricky and recently I have been playing it quite safe with neutral colours. Caroline showed me a great way to rock a red lip without it looking "too much".
I chose the All Day Flawless foundation, as I need good coverage for photographs so my skin looks as perfect as possible. I also went for this foundation because it has amazing staying power. My favourite product in this makeup look is the cream masterpiece eyeshadow in Coffee, it's literally the only eyeshadow I have used on my eyes and it looks so lovely! I would never of thought of keeping it that simple and just using one product on my eyes (aside from mascara). I used the shadow all over my lid and underneath then blended with my fingers. For mascara I used Clump Defy, this gave me volume and length and made sure my lashes looked fluttery and not stuck together. Caroline and I initially chose a red colour for my nails, but then felt it was too "matchy matchy" with my lips, so opted for Ruby Fruit; a beautiful deep ruby. On my lips I layered Ruby Tuesday lipstick with Passionate Red Giant Lip Pen - these products both have amazingly smooth and hydrating textures, but still manage to last a really long time on the lips. For blush, I knew I needed to keep it simple, so I swept a little Subtle Amber across the apples of my cheeks.
What do you think of this makeup look? I love the glamorous red lip, but my favourite part is the eyeshadow! I love that I just have a cream softly blended all the way around my eyes, it has such a subtle, soft and smoky effect.
There's only so many posing pics I can take of myself before I pull a silly face! haha
I hope you guys enjoyed this post, let me know what else you'd like to see on my blog, I'm thinking of doing a few personal posts just letting you know what I've been up to, so let me know if you'd like that!
•Thank you to Max Factor for sponsoring this post.