It felt so surreal writing the title of this blog post! I still have to pinch myself to check I'm not dreaming when I think about the fact that I have my own makeup line. It's so exciting.
Today I took some photographs of my lip glosses and did swatches as I think it's really important to see a swatch before purchasing! Some of them look quite different on the lips to how they do in the bottle. I photographed them on my bedside table and also infront of the window so you could see them in different lights. The swatches were taken in daylight. I've also popped a photo below of Jim and I together at my launch party. He has been such an amazing support the whole way. I am wearing 'Picnic In The Park' lip gloss in the photo!
I named all of the nail polishes and the lip glosses after my favourite things in life. For example, having a picnic in a park is one of my favourite things to do in summer time ('Picnic In The Park') and I am obsessed with all films and TV shows involving vampires ('Vampire Kiss'). I designed colours that are my personal favourite to wear, so this collection isn't inspired by one particular season. I would just describe it as the 'classic me collection'. I have been working on the lip gloss and the nail polish for over a year and have been involved every step of the way. You guys know how passionate and picky I am - I couldn't have it any other way! 'Vampire Kiss' was the hardest lip gloss to develop. It took months to get the red colour just right. I'm glad that I was so particular about my products though, as now they are finally here I am so happy with them and I hope you guys love them too!
The colours left to right are: Smile, Dream, Sparkle - Champagne Toast - First Date - Just Peachy - Afternoon Tea - Chic - Picnic In The Park - Aurora - Exotic Island - Let's Travel The World - Heart Skipped A Beat - Vampire Kiss
Today I wanted to share with you guys a list of things that I am aiming to do more of in my life.
1. Breathe deeper - this one may seem silly, but I've been experimenting with meditation in the past year and just remembering to take deep breaths is amazing. It can calm anxiety and relieve stress.
2. Drink more water - I think this one is always on everyone's to-do lists! It's just so good for you.
3. Go outside more - I love being outside and I definitely find myself inside on my laptop too much. On Sunday I ran around the park near me and it felt so good. I want to go for more beach walks and picnics on sunny days, even if it's chilly. So long as it's not raining you can just wrap up warm and take a flask of something hot and delicious :)
4. Stretch and do yoga every day, even for just 5 minutes.
5. Read a book a week.
6. Turn off all electronics an hour before bedtime and just take a bath or read for that hour - this makes you sleep better as your brain isn't trying to process all the tweets and emails you've just read!
7. Tidy my wardrobe once a week - strangely enough I find this clears space in my mind not just my wardrobe!
8. Eat less sugar - I am a lover of sweet things and certainly don't want to give them up any time soon. However, sugar on a daily basis makes me feel sluggish and tired and it's just not good for you. I want to try and have sugary foods just once a week.
9. Dance around my bedroom to music more - this is a bit embarrassing, but every now and then me and Jim will put on our favourite album (right now it's the 1975) and do silly dances around the room whilst we get ready in the morning. It puts me in the best mood and is so uplifting.
10. Don't judge anyone and always be thoughtful and forgiving. I love this quote I tweeted today: 'Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.'
I hope you guys enjoyed this post. Let me know in the comments anything that you are aiming to do more of!
Monday began with a large and much needed Starbucks! Then I attended my final show of London Fashion Week, Burberry. It is usually my last and nearly always my favourite. Burberry is the largest show I've ever been to, Monday was a huge production, as always, with live music from Paloma Faith and an incredible buzz. Christopher always designs a breathtaking collection and this season he did not disappoint. I loved the belted floaty, floral dresses and aztec prints. The iconic Burberry Shearling coat was painted with flowers, which gave it a bohemian feel. Suki Waterhouse looked exquisite in a sheer lace dress and Cara and Jourdan oozed their typical coolness. As usual, Burberry kept the hair and makeup very simple, with a slightly un-done feel. See below some of my favourite looks and also what I wore to the show!
On Sunday I attended both the Topshop Unique show and the BAFTAs! I was lucky enough to go to the BAFTAs last year with the official hair sponsor Charles Worthington, and this year they invited me again. I was so excited and after a speedy stop at the Tate to watch the Topshop show, I was off to the Savoy hotel to change and get my hair done in their BAFTA suites. I will quickly fill you in on the Topshop show, but as always I have posted pics of my favourite looks below. The colour palette was quite muted with tones of grey, blue, olive and brown. The daywear featured lots of faux fur gilets, over the knee boots and patchwork coats. For evening wear there were some beautiful daring see-through dresses, these were my favourite. The makeup was interesting, the first show I've seen a smoky eye at this season! I liked how grungy it looked with lots of black blended under the eye. Now, onto the BAFTAs! I only had 30 minutes to get ready when I arrived at The Savoy, so the lovely Sophie from Charles Worthington whisked me away to her hot seat to have my hair refreshed. She added some extra curls and hairspray, but I had already prepped my hair that morning with all the Charles Worthington Volume and Bounce products, they are amazing. One of my faves is pictured below, the Volume & Bounce Thick & Full 3D Boosting Creme. You apply this to clean damp hair and then blowdry as normal and it seriously gives your hair the most volume and keeps frizziness at bay! Once I was dressed it was red carpet time, then onto the award ceremony. The awards inspired me so much, the part I enjoyed most was hearing the directors speeches about their story behind the films. After the awards there is a dinner. It is very surreal sitting eating dinner in the same room as Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt I must say! I had some lovely people on my table from Charles Worthington and also Sai Bennett from Mr Selfridge and Samantha Barks from Les Miserables. None of us knew one another, but we made friends right away and had such a fun evening together. It was an incredible day and evening, I hope you guys enjoy my photos!
I had to attend shows and events for London Fashion Week on Valentines Day so Jim and I celebrated our 8th Valentines Day together on Saturday night instead. Usually we stay in and order pizza, but since we were in London we decided to go to one of our favourite steak restaurants, STK. I asked Jim his opinion on STK so I could tell you guys and he said "really tasty...didn't like the cocktails though!" - haha. As you'll see in the photo below, Jim tried my espresso martini and hated it! On a serious note though, the food is scrumptious. We both had steaks, then we shared glazed parsnips and carrots, lobster mac n cheese and finally, parmesan and truffle oil chips. Everything was amazing. Oooh and my starter was the best: tuna sashimi with lime, my favourite! We asked the waiter to take a photo of us, it came out rather blurry, but it's all I've got so thought I'd put it in anyway! Instead of having pudding at STK, we went back to the flat and chilled out on the sofa together with The Vampire Diaries and Hummingbird Bakery cupcakes. Perfect Valentines date!
Sending out a huge hug and kiss to all of you guys!