I haven’t had the best start to October, it’s not been terrible and good things have definitely happened, however, sometimes I find that even with good things happening, I can still not feel myself. I don’t think it’s helped having a cold/flu thing for the past week, I’m not someone who gets ill much, so when I do I find it frustrating that I can’t just feel better and get on and do all the things I want to do! I thought I would write myself a little list of achievable goals for the rest of the month, as when I’m lacking in motivation or need a bit of a reboot (refresh/restart? not sure what to call it), there’s nothing like a good old list to get me back on track.
- Buy flowers for the house a lot more than I currently do. Basically, as soon as they’ve had their day, go and get some more and make sure they are always around making the house look pretty. Not only is this so that they make the house look pretty, going to buy flowers from my local florist is actually something I do to switch off. It takes me about 10 minutes to walk there, 10 minutes to choose the flowers and 10 minutes to walk home. For that time, I try to just enjoy being outside, take it all in and not think about what work for half an hour. It’s about the whole experience for me. I also love that feeling of walking in the door with them and then arranging them in a vase.
- Get back into the gym! I was in SUCH a great place with working out from May until mid-September, then I’m not entirely sure what happened, but I stopped going. I had aimed to get back to it last Monday, but then I got ill and it held me back for another week. Now it’s getting on for a month since I’ve been! I have a session booked with my personal trainer tomorrow morning, so I’ll Instagram story it in the morning to prove to you guys that I have been haha.
- Blog more. You may have noticed I have been a little more active on here lately and that has been a conscious thing. I really enjoy my blog, it’s a nice way to keep you guys updated on my life, things I like, things I care about and want to talk to you about! I am going to try and do a post a week. Please let me know in the comments what you’d like to see on here!
- Nail my American accent. I got some exciting news yesterday, which is that my US visa has been approved. The reason I need one is because currently when I audition for a film that is shooting in the states, it’s very difficult for me to get the role when someone they like equally as much as they like me has a visa ready to go. Production companies know how tricky visa’s can be and they don’t want to risk it holding up their filming, so it really is an essential for me! Now that I have it, my agent is going to be sending me American scripts a lot more and although I have worked on my accent in the past, I want to get it perfect for all the self-tapes (when you put yourself on tape at home before being called in to audition in the room) I’ll have to do. I’m sure it’ll come back to me in no time, just think I need a refresher lesson, so I’ve booked one in with a dialect coach booked in for next Tuesday.
- Book a holiday. I always like to try and get some winter sun and I can see a week in November that is completely open for both Jim and I. I also think we will both need a break by then, as it’s been pretty full on for both of us lately. I can’t believe that since May I have shot a Pilot for a TV show, launched 4 new collections for Tanya Burr Cosmetics, finished writing and doing all the shoots for my new book Tanya’s Christmas, shot a short film and am now about to start all the press and book tour for my book which is out next Thursday! Craziness. Also, that’s just the big stuff, amongst all that I’ve been making videos for my YouTube channel, doing all the usual like meetings, admin etc etc. Definitely time for a holiday at the end of November! Tulum is my dream destination.
- I used to be such a big reader, but right now I’m struggling to finish a book. I bought Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier yesterday and I’m going to challenge myself to read it by the end of the month. Perhaps I’ll put a little review of it on here when I’m finished. Or perhaps you guys could get it too and we read it together!
Those are my goals for the rest of the month! Let me know in the comments anything that you guys hope to achieve by the end of October.